CBRE’s UK Residential Investment MarketView for Q2 2019 revealed that there was £359.4m of institutional investment into the UK private rented sector in Q2.
- DFT roundtable: Aggressive business plans, development delays and managing expectations
- CBRE plans to acquire Telford Homes
- UK commercial property values drop in November
Other highlights from the research included:
- London accounted for two-thirds of total investment volume, with £232.6m in transactions
- prime regional city centres attracted a further £119.5m in Q2
- there were more than £500m in transactions under offer heading into Q3
“Since the strong start to the year, the second quarter of 2019 has seen some adjustment, but there was a good showing for the first half of 2019 overall, with yields remaining stable across the board,” said Kate Brennan, director of valuation and advisory services at CBRE.
“Investors are now looking for ways in which to diversify their portfolios, whether by geography, seeking to invest in new markets or by the type of deal.
“We may now have reached a point where land prices are reaching viable levels from a build-to-rent perspective.”