Jim Wilson and Paul Edwards (pictured above) left Watts Group this month to set up the new UK-wide firm to provide development risk advice to lenders and investors.
Jim — who has over 25 years of experience as an independent monitoring surveyor and will be focusing on projects in the North — sat on the operations board at Watts Group for five years prior to leaving to start Wilson Edwards.
Paul — who trained as a monitoring surveyor at Gardiner & Theobald in 2002 — has provided construction advice as both a consultant and a developer for over 20 years.
Paul will be covering projects based in the South.
The pair believe that their experience will enable them to work with lenders and other stakeholders to solve problems and unlock stalled projects.
- You would be amazed by how many development proposals have inadequate or no contingency, claims QS
- Strained supply chains, scarcity of materials and increased transport and import costs are contributing to longer project duration
- VAS Audit launches project monitoring review service
“We believe that by specialising in monitoring surveying alone, we offer an uncompromised service to our clients — together with an efficiency and flexibility that cannot be matched by larger organisations,” commented Paul.
“We are committed to running a sustainable organisation with unrivalled customer service; both Jim and I will remain closely involved in all our projects to ensure that our professional standards are upheld.”
Services at the company include:
- initial appraisal report and work in progress monitoring
- expenditure verification and drawdown approval
- risk identification and management
- early identification of potential issues and suggested solutions
- distressed project review and recovery
- client presentations and training